Reporting to the VP, Product, the Product Designer will help solve challenges unique to our dual-sided marketplace by creating and delivering thoughtful product design solutions to shoppers and partners through design, research, empathy, and vigor. We embed design and design thinking into our products — helping us build a future where the magic of creativity thrives.
The Company and Our Mission:
Caring.com is the leading online destination for caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. We apply cutting-edge technology to our mission: to help as many seniors and their caregivers as possible through empathetic, expert guidance. We take pride in helping the 45 million U.S. family caregivers find help for their aging family members. Many of our employees have had personal experience with caregiving and are passionate about our mission. We are an agile team that succeeds by marrying rigorous data-driven thinking with real concern, empathy for users, and the quality of their experience. Don't think for a minute that all this talk about aging stops us from having a good time–we're a vibrant group of highly talented, results-oriented types who want to use our time and our brains to really make a difference. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a fun, friendly, supportive work environment. Be a part of the booming Senior Care industry and an integral member of our team.
As a Product Designer at Caring, you will be:
- Designing for mobile, tablet, and responsive web products.
- Delivering wireframes, prototypes, and dev-ready high-fidelity designs.
- Execute design experiences across the entire product lifecycle and product launches.
- Contribute to optimal product designs and user experiences for new products through expanding design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries for our products.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization on alignment efforts to ensure design solutions are consistent and familiar.
- Engage in user-based research throughout the design process.
- Gather and incorporate feedback from stakeholders and senior members of the team with a flexible and open approach to work, while maintaining a level of accountability and ownership for deliverables.
- Translate complex user and business needs into simple, viable product design solutions.
- Ability to design consumer-facing products and understand the complexities of internal tools to support the company’s operations.
Our ideal Product Designer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design, human-computer interaction, industrial design or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years experience in product design or related fields.
- Have been a part of full product development processes, having released work
- Experience with Figma, or comparable tools.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Nice To Have: 5 years experience in product design interaction design, human-computer interaction, web design, or related fields.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible hours and Paid Time Off policy with paid caregiver and volunteer days
- Competitive benefits package – Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life, Disability, Pet Insurance, Enhanced Employee Assistance Program, Personal Financial Planning
- 401(k) Employer Match
- Direct relationships with executive leadership team
- Fun work environment including social happy hours and events
- Rapid company growth
Caring LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion at Caring.com
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience, and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking, and cultivates leadership.