We are seeking an accomplished and forward-thinking leader to fill the role of VP, Technology, reporting to the CEO. The VP, Technology will play a pivotal role in shaping the technology landscape, overseeing internal and external IT delivery, engineering initiatives, and continuing/exploiting the modernization journey from a monolithic architecture to a cutting-edge and scalable technological ecosystem.
The Company and Our Mission:
Caring.com is a leading online resource for seniors and their loved ones seeking information and access to senior living and care. We apply cutting-edge technology to our mission: to help as many seniors and their caregivers as possible through empathetic, expert guidance.
We take pride in helping the 45 million caregivers across the U.S. find help for their aging family members. Our offerings include a robust directory of providers, one-on-one support from our expert Family Advisors, helpful content, and authentic reviews from seniors and their families. We are an agile team that succeeds by marrying rigorous, data-driven thinking with empathy for users and the quality of their experience.
Don’t think that all this talk about aging keeps us from having a good time. We’re a vibrant group of highly talented, results-oriented types who want to use our time and skills to make an impact — all while enjoying a fun, friendly and supportive work environment. We hope you’ll consider joining us.
What’s in it for you:
- Collaboration–work closely with the Head of Product and other leaders across the company to unlock product led growth; deliver business objectives; and provide technical and strategic guidance.
- Foster an environment of new technology adoption, cross functional team collaboration, and continuous deployment within the engineering teams, working closely with the Product team.
- Drive the business towards a modern data architecture that allows for analysts to seamlessly access data and inform strategic business decisions.
- Impact–drive initiatives to enhance system reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Provide strong technical leadership and mentorship to the engineering team, and foster a culture of high performance and experimentation
- Actively engage with other leaders to manage expectations, resources, and timelines.
- Growth–promote a culture of learning and development to enhance the skills and capabilities of the Engineering team.
As VP, Technology at Caring, you will:
- Ensure viability of all strategic infrastructure and technical architectural decisions across the company.
- Represent the engineering team in the development of end-to-end product life cycles, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and engineering capabilities.
- Develop and manage plans for balancing engineering resources internally and externally. Attract, mentor, and retain top-tier technology talent. Promote a culture of learning and development to enhance the skills and capabilities of the Engineering team.
- Manage internal and external engineering delivery operations and partnerships, ensuring the effective deployment, maintenance, and support of technology solutions. Deliver high quality products on a timely basis. Communicate progress of engineering teams across the company on a regular basis. Opt for over-communication and no surprises.
- Lead IT team focused on desktop support, including hardware provisioning, management, and ticket resolution.
- Implement information security best practices, ensuring appropriate governance across the business.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, technology partners, and service providers to optimize the technology ecosystem.
Our ideal VP, Technology will have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superb analytical skills; ability to translate complex business issues into clear goals and measure against those goals.
- Curiosity, humility, and a passion for lifelong learning.
- Proven experience and successes in a senior leadership role overseeing engineering teams to deliver high quality code on a timely basis, including architectural modernization initiatives.
- Comfortable in a startup environment, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Proven background in strategic planning, platform architecture, and team development.
- Seasoned developer in a fullstack Nextjs, and Typescript React development framework.
- Familiar with the latest deployment technologies such as Vercel.
- Can demonstrate a keen awareness of the latest technological advancements such as the current AI wave and other recent trends.
- Customer driven mindset is a requirement–empathy for our care seekers, the people who serve them, and the people on your team. Experience in the healthcare or senior care industry is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 3 years leading engineering verticals.
What we offer you:
- Flexible hours and Paid Time Off policy
- Competitive benefits package – Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life, Disability, and Pet insurance
- 401(k) Employer Match
- Direct relationships with executive leadership team
- Fun work environment including social happy hours
- Rapid company growth
- Paid caregiver and volunteer days
Caring LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion at Caring.com
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience, and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking, and cultivates leadership.